Friday 29 October, 2010

I'm not a control freak... or am I???

... Okay so this year it was decide by ME that the Diwali cards would be made by Sharanya... So I decided the colours and type of papers... and also the design (what does a 2 year old know!!! A lot...really) and cut up all the shapes (scissors not safe for a 2 yr old!!! Ok that ones true). I alloted Sharanya the task of painting the chart paper in the colours of MY preference. We (Read:I, sharanya was only allowed to stick) also made the little diyas and lanterns...

After making three cards I realised Sharanya wasn't around anymore... She probably realised playing with pieces of waste paper was more fun than dealing with my "art and craft"

So now... she's deciding which cards should have lanterns (most of them) and which should have diyas... the colours and sticking them... The cards don't look neat... but they look lovely!

2 comments:

gagz said...

i know thats quite a fun and beleive me the appreciation u r going to get for the cards made by sharanya, will motivate u to continue doing it for bdays and other occasions too! what these kids bring out in us is the kid in us, which no one else can do...keep it up...take pics of cards before posting them!

~ said...

Can I get a diwali card posted to me from you and sharanya!! :)

btw, didn't see any part of control freak in any of this!! haha :)