Sunday 13 May, 2007

... my mommy coolest...

Well she is!!! And I say so!!! Anyone who says otherwise will have to take on Shweta – the not so important second child and me – her first born and the spring in her stride…

She doesn't look a day over 32 (That’s the age at which she'll be for me for ever)...and by the energy with which she does things...I don't think she IS over 32. She can take on Shweta (the not so important second child) and me (the first born and the light of her life) and beat us hands down at anything. The most work we do around the house is taking the food from the plate into our mouths... and we still feel like that’s a lot of work. I honestly think she has this stash of energy drink stocked up somewhere... how else is it humanly possible to deal with 2 hooligans (her husband and the not so important second child) and look fresh as a flower at anytime of the day.

The most comforting place in the world is my mommy's cupboard. I just stick my head in and lie on a bunch of her sarees and soak in the "Harini" aroma. It is the most reassuring whiff of fragrance ever. She probably wonders why her clothes are all bunched up and crushed every time I’m visiting. Never ever… not even while she is sweating away in the kitchen doesn’t she smell of anything but “Harini aroma”…which is the nicest smell ever.

To me…at any age…even when I’m eighty… I can curl my arms and legs around her and sleep peacefully...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY AMMA

1 comment:

Ronnie said...

hey darling.....that was the sweetest mom tribute ive read in a while (albeit a little too early for Mother's day next year)
still........Id be proud to be a mom like that...if you havent shown her yet, read it to her. she will have tears of joy..:)