Friday 15 July, 2011

My little baby is a young Lady... Already


There comes a time in a parent's life when they have to let their children go… let them be independent and discover the world on their own. My daughter took to flying the nest a little too early - at 2 years, 2 years 4 months to be precise.
The thing is she started school, play school really. I was so worried about how she would take to it, my little baby away from me for an hour. Would she cling to me, cry and ask me not to leave her. I stayed up nights thinking about how I'd handle her, sobbed a couple of time myself, gave deepak a lot of grief... Anyhoo, when the time came and it was her first day, she walked off without even a backward glance! Not even a bbye mumma... NOTHING!!!

That was the first of the many pangs of painful separation anxiety i was to suffer -
  • A day in the play ground, sharanya looks at me and says "mumma aap jao, jab mera ho jayega main aapko bula doongi" (mum, you go, I'll call you when I'm done - i'm being uber cool and translating this)
  • Spends a week without me in Naukuchiatal/Bhimtal with her grandparents and aunt and uncle...
  • Asks me to drop her at her friends house
  • Asks me to pick her up only after it's "dark"

VERY VERY PAINFUL SEPARATION ANXIETY!!!

PS. I read somewhere - A parent's success can be judged by how well their children fly after they have left the nest...

No comments: